Project Agora, a TDG (ThinkDigital Group) company, is a Media Technology SaaS on a mission to keep the Open Web Open. In our day-to-day, we work with over 2000 top digital Publishers and E-tailers in EMEA and LATAM, supporting them to maximize the value of each visitor, managing 11.5 billion impressions per month.
Project Agora has enjoyed a steady growth of more than 50% a year since its founding in 2014. Our teams are an extraordinary group of talented, active, and innovative people who care about more than just building cutting edge technologies. We challenge ourselves to work with the best. We are Fat Cow Killers improving process efficiency, Rainmakers bringing stunning results, I+Valuers supporting colleagues, customers and partners, Always Curious to explore ways to innovate and we have Positive Bigfoots carrying self-sustainable digital minded happiness to other people.
To deliver on our noble mission, we are looking for a talented Full Stack Software Engineer. You’ll join an established and fast-paced environment by participating in all stages of the software development life cycle: from design and development to continuous integration, deployment, and maintenance. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work together with 90+ engineers and become part of one of the leading Ad-Tech companies in EMEA. As Full Stack Software Engineer, you will grow and maintain the team’s technical excellence by harnessing practices that drive high-performance standards.
Being part of a fast-growing scale-up organization, the role requires a methodical, results-oriented, agile and passionate Engineer professional to contribute to the technical culture of the company.
The successful candidate has the flexibility to be based in Athens or at the TDG’s Tech Hub in Patras or to work remotely.
- Work as part of our Ad Tech team responsible for:
- Software executing on 4,500+ publisher sites.
- Servers operating at 300,000+ requests per minute.
- Services hosting 12,000,000,000+ Ads per month.
- Work closely with engineering, product and support team to gather and translate requirements into technical solutions.
- Produce well-designed, testable and maintainable code.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Outside the box thinking is required to bring cutting edge technology in-house.
We’re looking for someone who
- Has 5+ years of software development and deep knowledge of web technologies (protocols, services, Restful API’s).
- Has hands-on experience with the Python language, web frameworks like Flask and testing frameworks like unittest, pytest.
- Is experienced with SQL or NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL.
- Has a solid experience with WebAPIs (ie. Intersection/Mutation Observers, Performance/Timing API, Beacon), DOM manipulation, Browser/DOM Events, Document and resource loading.
- Knows software engineering best practices such as software development life cycles, coding standards, code reviews, distributed revision control systems, continuous test/build/deploy, and production support.
- Has a good understanding of agile software development principles and processes.
- Holds Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Greek.
- Enjoys being part of a team that works and grows together with a learning mindset.
Nice to Have
- Hands-on experience with other back-end languages like NodeJS, Golang, PHP.
- Experience in Cloud Environments like GCP (Google Cloud Platform) or AWS.
- Good understanding of the microservices architectural pattern.
- Understanding of page performance and its measurement tools (Lighthouse, PageSpeed Insights, Core Web Vitals).
- Comfortability with any AdTech protocols and standards (VAST/Vpaid).
Benefits and Perks
Project Agora Company is part of TDG, recognized as a Great Place to Work® for 2021. We are on a mission to boldly lead our people to where no one has gone before. Our people enjoy benefits that make them able to develop their careers and professional skills. We challenge ourselves to work with the best and most talented professionals and we want to offer a great place to work and thrive. We are offering:
- A competitive salary based on experience and skills.
- A budgeted training and professional development plan.
- A modern workplace environment, and the excitement of working closely with a successful, highly motivated, dynamic, and talented team.
- Health insurance scheme.
- Access to TDG’s Library for professional development.
- Heart Long Weekends! A paid time-off throughout the year to enjoy life outside of work.
- The opportunity to be part of an integrated services team in one of the leading Digital Marketing & Media Groups in CEEMEA.
- Τype: Full-time
- Reports to: Dev Manager, Project Agora
- Location: Patras, Athens, Remote
Project Agora offers a hybrid working model. Team members all over the EMEA region currently can meet in person. Project Agora continues to grow our team by conducting a remote-first onboarding process.